Stand Up for Europe
Stand Up for Europe
|Vice President||Luca Polidori|
|Secretary General||Benjamin de Vanssay|
|Founded||3 December 2016|
Stand Up for Europe was launched at the 6th European Federalist Convention in Brussels on 3 December 2016, through the integration of three eurofederalist movements: Stand up for the United States of Europe, the European Federalist Party, and United States of Europe Now. It was one of several new pro-European civil movements that sprang up in response to the anti-European outcome of the Brexit referendum and the election of Donald Trump as US President.
On 6 May 2017, Stand Up for Europe was one of the co-sponsors of a day-long debate in Brussels, led by the European Committee of the Regions' chair Markku Markkula, on the future of the European Union, and how to advance European integration.
Stand Up for Europe is set up as a nonprofit organisation (Association sans but lucratif, ASBL) under Belgian law. Richard Laub, Georgios Kostakos, Olivier Boruchowitch, and Pietro De Matteis are listed as its founders. The organisation has the following bodies: (i) General Meeting, (ii) Executive Board, (iii) Group of Advisors, (iv) Dispute Committee, (v) Auditor, and (vi) Ombudsman. The General Meeting is convened at least once per calendar year between November and February. It appoints the members of the Executive Board by simple majority vote for a renewable period of one year. Among others, the Board comprises the following positions, which are filled by the following persons:
- President: Alain Deneef
- Vice-President: Luca Polidori
- General Secretary: Benjamin de Vanssay
- Treasurer: Faedran Bourhani
- A European Constitution
- A European intelligence agency
- A pan-European arts project
- A European youth day
- Self-description on Stand Up for Europe's website.
- "The pro-Europe grassroots movements aimed at saving the EU". Deutsche Welle. 1 April 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Emmanuel Macron, une opportunité pour réinventer l'Europe". Libération (in French). 9 May 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Regioni europee convocano i movimenti pro-Ue a Bruxelles". Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata (in Italian). 4 May 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- Statutes of Stand Up for Europe (22 February 2017).
- David Zühlke (16 December 2016). "Föderalisten bündeln Kräfte: Stand up for Europe". Treffpunkt Europa (in German). Retrieved 12 May 2017.