Stirling and Falkirk (UK Parliament constituency)

Stirling and Falkirk Burghs was a parliamentary constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1918, comprising the burghs of Stirling, Falkirk and Grangemouth. It ceased to be a District of Burghs in 1950, but a constituency of the same name covering the same burghs continued in existence. In 1974 it became Stirling, Falkirk and Grangemouth. This was in turn abolished in 1983; it was the last British constituency (apart from those including islands) to consist of non-contiguous parts.[citation needed]

Stirling and Falkirk Burghs
Former Burgh constituency
for the House of Commons
Major settlementsStirling, Falkirk and Grangemouth
19501983
Number of membersOne
Replaced byStirling, Falkirk East and Falkirk West[1]
19181950
Number of membersOne
Type of constituencyDistrict of Burghs constituency
Created fromStirlingshire