Stirling Health and Care Village
Stirling Health and Care Village is a health and care facility at Livilands Gate in Stirling, Scotland. It is managed by NHS Forth Valley as well as Stirling and Clackmannanshire's HSCP. It was formerly known as Stirling Community Hospital.
|Stirling Health and Care Village|
|NHS Forth Valley|
|Location||Livilands Gate, Stirling, Scotland|
|Care system||NHS Scotland|
|Lists||Hospitals in Scotland|
The facility had its origins in a public dispensary established in 1830. It moved to the former Commercial Bank building in Spittal Street as the Stirling Royal Infirmary in June 1874. A children's ward and a staff accommodation block were added in 1913.
A new purpose-built facility at Livilands Gate designed by James Miller (1860-1947) was built and officially opened by the Duke and Duchess of York in August 1928. Emergency medical scheme huts were built on the site during the Second World War. It joined the National Health Service in 1948 and subsequent additions included a chest unit and pharmacy in 1955 and a new maternity hospital in 1969.
After many of the services transferred to the Forth Valley Royal Hospital in 2010, the Stirling Royal Infirmary was downgraded to the status of a community hospital. The site has since been redeveloped as the Stirling Health and Care Village.
- "Stirling Royal Infirmary". Historic Hospitals. Retrieved 5 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "New Forth Valley Royal Hospital opens to first patients". BBC Scotland. BBC. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Milestone for £37m Stirling Health and Care Village". Project Scotland. 1 October 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Stirling Care Village". JM Architects. Retrieved 5 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)