Swedish Coastal Artillery
The Swedish Coastal Artillery (Swedish: Kustartilleriet, KA) has its origin in the Archipelago Artillery that was raised in 1866. The Coastal Artillery was formed from the Archipelago Artillery, the Marine Regiment and parts of the Artillery in 1902. Kustartilleriet, abbreviated KA, was an independent branch within the Swedish Navy until July 1, 2000, when the Swedish Coastal Artillery was disbanded and reorganised as the Swedish Amphibious Corps. The changed name and new structure were to reflect the new tasks that the old Coastal Artillery had moved to after the end of the Cold War and the demise of the Warsaw Pact.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016)
|Swedish Coastal Artillery|
|Allegiance||Swedish Armed Forces (1901–2000)|
Coastal defence and fortification
|March||"För kustartilleriet" (Åke Dohlin)|