Tatiana Woollaston (born Tatiana Torchilo, alternative spelling Tatiana Tarchyla, Belarusian: Таццяна Тарчыла, 8 November 1986 in Pinsk, Soviet Union) is a professional snooker referee. She is an official referee of the WPBSA, EASB, EBSA and BSF. She is the wife of English professional snooker player Ben Woollaston.
|Born||8 November 1986|
Pinsk, Byelorussian SSR, Soviet Union
In March 2008 Woollaston started refereeing amateur snooker events in Belarus. She qualified as a Class 3 snooker referee a year later in March 2009 during European Team Snooker Championship in St. Petersburg, Russia, and became a referee member of European Billiards and Snooker Association. In May 2010 she refereed the European Individual Snooker Championship in Bucharest, Romania. Woollaston made her ranking tournament debut in August 2010 at European Players Tour Championships event one (Paul Hunter Classic 2010) in Fürth, Germany.
On 21 November 2010 Woollaston became the first referee from Eastern Europe to officiate at a world-ranking snooker semi-final at the Euro Players Tour Championship event six in Prague, the Czech Republic, as John Higgins defeated Joe Jogia by 4 frames to 2.
She worked at following events in 2011:
1. 25–28 August 2011 Paul Hunter Classic/Players Tour Championship – Event 4, Fürth, Germany;
2. 21–25 September Players Tour Championship – Event 5, Sheffield, England;
3. 29–2 October 2011 Warsaw Classic/Players Tour Championship – Event 6, Warsaw, Poland;
4. 5–9 October, Players Tour Championship – Event 7, Gloucester, England. During this event Woollaston qualified as a Class 2 snooker referee. After this tournament Woollaston has officially joined EASB as official referee.
At the 2011 Paul Hunter Classic in Germany, Woollaston made her television debut live on Eurosport. She refereed the match between Ken Doherty and Passakorn Suwannawat. Woollaston will work at all coming Players Tour Championship events in 2011/2012 season.
She graduated from Belarus State Economic University, where she studied finance, banking and credit. She received a Master's degree in economics. Before moving to the UK, she worked as a teacher at Belarus State Economic University in Minsk. She married Ben Woollaston, a professional snooker player, in June 2011. Later that year she moved to the UK and now lives with her husband in Leicester, England. Her husband had won the PTC 3 event in Sheffield the day before she moved to the UK. On 8 November 2012 their first child, a son named Edward, was born. The couple had another son named Henry on 21 October 2017.
- Official Belarusian Snooker Federation Website Archived 25 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- EASB Official Referees Retrieved 19 October 2011
- "List of EBSA Snooker referees". Archived from the original on 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- European Team Championship 2009. Officials
- WPBSA. Ben Woollaston married Tatiana in her home town of Pinsk in Belarus Retrieved 23 June 2011 Archived 9 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- WBPSA. Woollaston Wins First Pro Title at PTC3 Retrieved 21 August 2011 Archived 10 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "New Arrival for the Woollastons". World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Archived from the original on 12 November 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)