Ted McCoy

Edward John McCoy ONZM (23 February 1925 – 17 January 2018), generally known as Ted McCoy, was a New Zealand architect whose practice was based in Dunedin.[1] He designed the sanctuary of St Paul's Cathedral (completed 1970), and the Richardson (formerly Hocken) Building of the University of Otago (completed 1979), among many others. In 1950, he established McCoy and Wixon Architects, joined in partnership by Peter Wixon in 1967.

Ted McCoy

Born
Edward John McCoy

(1925-02-23)23 February 1925
Died17 January 2018(2018-01-17) (aged 92)
Dunedin, New Zealand
Alma materAuckland University College
OccupationArchitect
Children13
AwardsNZIA Gold Medal (2002)
PracticeMcCoy and Wixon