The Alternative (Kosovo)
|Deputy president||Ilir Deda|
|Founded||February 8, 2017|
|Registered||July 24, 2017|
|Split from||New Kosovo Alliance|
|Colours||Dark blue, Gold|
1 / 120
0 / 38
8 / 994
|Constitution and law|
Ilir Deda was elected MP for Vetëvendosje in the parliamentary election of 2014. However, during the anti-governmental protests in Kosovo in 2015–16, Deda became a loud critic of his party's support for the acts of violence towards government officials and therefore left the party on 2 April 2016. Similarly, Mimoza Kusari-Lila, former Minister of Trade and Industry and Deputy Prime Minister for the New Kosovo Alliance and current Mayor of Gjakova left her party in May 2016 due to the conflicts within the party and ideological differences and decided to join Deda's "new initiative".
Officially launched on 8 February 2017 by MP Ilir Deda and Mayor of Gjakova Mimoza Kusari-Lila in Mitrovica, and on 13 May 2017, General Council of Alternativa decided that Mimoza Kusari-Lila would be president of the party and Ilir Deda would be deputy president of the party.
|#||President||Born–Died||Term start||Term end|
|1||Vacant||8 February 2017||13 May 2017|
|2||Mimoza Kusari-Lila||1975–||13 May 2017||Incumbent|
|2017||Part of the LAA Coalition||2||Opposition|
|2019||Part of Vetëvendosje||1||Opposition|
|2021||Part of Vetëvendosje||1||Coalition|
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2019). "Kosovo". Parties and Elections in Europe. Archived from the original on 30 December 2020.
- "Ilir Deda largohet nga Lëvizja Vetëvendosje" (in Albanian). Gazeta Express. 25 April 2016.
- "Mimoza Kusari Lila largohet nga AKR, ja ku do të shkojë". Albeu.com (in Albanian). 3 May 2016.
- "Alternativa" nis rrugëtimin nga Mitrovica (Video)" (in Albanian). Kosova Press. 8 February 2017.
- "Mimoza Kusari kryetare e Alternativës" (in Albanian). Telegrafi. 13 May 2017.
- "Emisioni "Komiteti Qendror" - Mysafir: Mimoza Kusari dhe Ilir Deda" (in Albanian). Gazeta Express. 9 February 2017.