The Sevens Stadium
The Sevens is a purpose-built rugby sevens stadium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The Sevens Stadium is a venue for rugby, soccer, Gaelic football, Australian football (Aussie rules), netball, basketball, cricket, tennis, track and field, and concerts.
|Full name||The Sevens Stadium|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Opened||28 November 2008|
|United Arab Emirates National Rugby Union Team|
Facilities at The Sevens include: eight rugby/football pitches, six cricket pitches (3 grass (2 floodlit) 3 subkha[check spelling]), four netball/tennis courts, one basketball court, a grandstand, and international-standard ancillary facilities ideal for sports events. All courts and pitches are floodlit.
- Rod Stewart performed at the stadium on March 7, 2010 during his Soulbook Tour.
- Duran Duran performed at the stadium on March 8, 2012 during their All You Need Is Now Tour.
- Justin Bieber has performed at the stadium on May 4 and 5, 2013 during his Believe Tour in front of a total crowd of 28,544 people.
- One Direction performed at the stadium on April 4, 2015 during their On the Road Again Tour in front of a total crowd of 29,300 people.
- Kylie Minogue performed at the stadium on 6 December 2019 as a celebration of the Rugby 7s 50th year.
- The Sevens Stadium Dubai, Nicola de Corato, DubaiBlog 04.12.11 Archived 2012-04-06 at the Wayback Machine
- The Sevens official website 01.01.11
- HSBC Sevens World Series in Dubai, Nicola de Corato, DubaiBlog 04.12.11
- http://www.justinbieberdubai.com Archived 2013-01-27 at WebCite