Timeline of computing
Timeline of computing presents events in the history of computing organized by year and grouped into six topic areas: predictions and concepts, first use and inventions, hardware systems and processors, operating systems, programming languages, and new application areas.
|History of computing|
|Timeline of computing|
|Glossary of computer science|
This section needs to be updated. (March 2020)
- History of compiler construction
- History of computing hardware – up to third generation (1960s)
- History of computing hardware (1960s–present) – third generation and later
- History of the graphical user interface
- History of the Internet
- History of the World Wide Web
- List of pioneers in computer science
- Timeline of electrical and electronic engineering
- Stephen White, A Brief History of Computing
- The Computer History in time and space, Graphing Project, an attempt to build a graphical image of computer history, in particular operating systems.
- The Computer Revolution/Timeline at Wikibooks
- "File:Timeline.pdf - Engineering and Technology History Wiki" (PDF). ethw.org. 2012. Retrieved 2018-03-03.