Timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic
This timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic lists the articles containing the chronology and epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The first human cases of COVID-19 were identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. The World Health Organization declared the COVID-19 outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020, and a pandemic on 11 March 2020. At this stage in the pandemic (May 2021[update]), it is not possible to conclusively determine precisely how humans in China were initially infected with SARS-CoV-2. Furthermore, some developments may become known or fully understood only in retrospect.
Worldwide timelines by month and year
The 2019 and January 2020 timeline articles include the initial responses as subsections, and more comprehensive timelines by nation-state are listed below this section.
The following are a timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic in...
The following are responses to the COVID-19 pandemic in...
Timeline by country
Some of the timelines listed below also contain responses. The following are a timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic in...
- Ireland, Republic of
- New Zealand
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States
Worldwide cases by month and year
The following are COVID-19 pandemic cases in...
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- March 2021
- May 2021
- "Coronavirus". www.who.int. Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- Page, Jeremy; Hinshaw, Drew; McKay, Betsy (26 February 2021). "In Hunt for Covid-19 Origin, Patient Zero Points to Second Wuhan Market - The man with the first confirmed infection of the new coronavirus told the WHO team that his parents had shopped there". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 27 February 2021.
- "Statement on the second meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)". World Health Organization (WHO). 30 January 2020. Archived from the original on 31 January 2020. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- "WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19—11 March 2020". World Health Organization. 11 March 2020. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- Ramin Zibaseresht (14 April 2020). "How to Respond to the Ongoing Pandemic Outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)". Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- WHO. "Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)". World Health Organization. Retrieved 6 April 2020.