Toni & Guy
Toni & Guy (stylised as TONI&GUY) is a British international chain of hairdressing salons founded in the UK in 1963 by brothers Toni Mascolo and Guy Mascolo.
|Founder||Toni Mascolo |
|Nigel Darwin (CEO)|
In 1963, Toni Mascolo and his brother Guy opened their first salon in Clapham, London.
In 1985, the company opened its first salon outside Europe, in Dallas, Texas. It also launched the TIGI product line. In 1990, the Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy was opened.
In 2009, the TIGI product line was acquired by Unilever for £296 million.
As of 2019[update], there are over 485 salons in 48 countries.
- "Contact us". toniandguy.com.
- Horwell, Veronica (14 December 2017). "Toni Mascolo obituary". Retrieved 15 December 2017 – via www.theguardian.com.
- Mann, Jamie Robertson, George; Etutu, Joice (13 December 2017). "How Toni & Guy gave hair a new look". Retrieved 15 December 2017 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- Low, Valentine (13 December 2017). "Toni Mascolo, co-found of Toni & Guy hairdressers, dies aged 75" – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "About our hair and beauty salons". toniguy.com. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- "Unilever buys salon brands for $411.5m". 2009-01-26.
- Bargh, Becky (12 January 2019). "Toni&Guy replaces late founder and CEO Toni Mascolo after a 12 month search". Cosmetics Business. Retrieved 26 October 2019.