Meeting of Parliament Act 1694
|Long title||An Act for the frequent Meeting and calling of Parliaments.|
|Citation||6 & 7 Will & Mary c 2|
|Revised text of statute as amended|
This Act required Parliament to meet annually and to hold general elections once every three years.
Sections 3 and 4 were repealed by the Statute Law Revision Act 1867.
- Halsbury's Statutes,
- John Raithby (editor). The Statutes of the Realm. 1819. Volume 6. Page 510. Digitised copy from British History Online.
- The citation of this Act by this short title was authorised by section 5 of, and Schedule 2 to, the Statute Law Revision Act 1948. Due to the repeal of those provisions, it is now authorised by section 19(2) of the Interpretation Act 1978.
- These words are printed against this Act in the second column of Schedule 2 to the Statute Law Revision Act 1948, which is headed "Title".
- David Oswald Dykes. Source Book of Constitutional History from 1660. Longmans, Green and co. 1930. Page 179.
- British History Online.
- The Chronological Table of the Statutes, 1235 - 2010. The Stationery Office. 2011. ISBN 978-0-11-840509-6. Part I. Page 70, read with pages viii and x.