Tufton Street is a road in Westminster, London, that is known as a centre for Brexit-related eurosceptic and right-wing aligned think-tanks. These groups are primarily based in 55, but also in 57, Tufton Street.
55 Tufton Street
|Address||55 Tufton Street, SW1P 3QL|
|Town or city||London|
55 Tufton Street
55 Tufton Street is a Georgian era townhouse owned by businessman Richard Smith. Since the 2010s the building has hosted neocon think tanks, related to Brexit and climate change. A group of these think tanks, dubbed "The Nine Entities", use the building for biweekly meetings to coordinate policy and public messages.
The nine entities - the TaxPayers’ Alliance, the officer of Peter Whittle, the former deputy leader of UKIP, Civitas, the Adam Smith Institute, Leave Means Leave, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, Brexit Central, the Centre for Policy Studies and the Institute for Economic Affairs - were accused by Brexit whistleblower Shahmir Sanni of using the meetings to “agree on a single set of right-wing talking points” and “securing more exposure to the public”.
- Brexit Central
- Business for Britain (until 7 October 2015)
- European Foundation
- Global Vision
- Global Warming Policy Foundation
- Leave Means Leave
- Migration Watch UK
- New Culture Forum
- Taxpayer's Alliance
57 Tufton Street
- "Brexit Scam: We Need to Talk About Tufton Street……". Brexit Shambles. 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "Revealed: how the UK's powerful right-wing think tanks and Conservative MPs work together". openDemocracy. 2018-07-31. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "The address where Eurosceptics and climate change sceptics rub shoulders". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "55 Tufton Street". DeSmog UK. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- Farand, Chloe (23 June 2018). "Mapped: Whistleblower Accuses Nine Organisations of Colluding over Hard Brexit". DeSmog UK. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Business For Britain - Political Party in Westminster SW1P 3QL - 192.com". www.192.com. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "BUSINESS FOR BRITAIN LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Civitas: Institute for the Study of Civil Society Contact Us". civitas.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "European Journal | Freedom & Democracy | The European Foundation is the original Eurosceptic think tank, founded in 1993". europeanfoundation.org. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Contact - GlobalVision.com". GlobalVision.com. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Contact | The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)". www.thegwpf.org. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Contact | Migration Watch UK (MWUK)". www.migrationwatchuk.org. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "New Culture Forum - Contact". www.newcultureforum.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-17.
- "Contact us". TaxPayers' Alliance - 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "IFT LTD - Filing history". Companies House. Retrieved 2019-06-10.