Upper Riccarton is a suburb of Christchurch. It is due west of Riccarton.
|Coordinates: 43.53178°S 172.57427°E|
|Local authority||Christchurch City Council|
|• Land||220 ha (540 acres)|
Upper Riccarton is made up of residential, retail and education areas. It includes a major intersection known as "Church Corner" (the intersection of Riccarton, Main South and Yaldhurst Roads), as well as the Bush Inn Shopping Centre and multiple schools.
A local landmark is St Peter's Church. The original wooden church, consecrated in 1858, was built by Isaac Luck. The later stone church was built between 1876 and 1929, with Benjamin Mountfort the architect for the initial work, but Cecil Wood undertaken most of the architectural design.