VP-56, nicknamed the Dragons, was a long-lived Patrol Squadron of the U.S. Navy. It was originally established as Patrol Squadron VP-900 on 1 July 1946, redesignated Medium Patrol Squadron (Landplane) VP-ML-71 on 15 November 1946, redesignated VP-661 in February 1950, redesignated VP-56 on 4 February 1953 and disestablished on 28 June 1991. It was the second squadron to be designated VP-56, the first VP-56 was redesignated OTS on 1 July 1941.
|Patrol Squadron 56|
|Active||1 July 1946-28 June 1991|
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Navy|