Vicente Sartorius, 4th Marquess of Mariño
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)
Vicente Sartorius y Cabeza de Vaca
|Marquess of Mariño|
|Born||20 November 1931|
|Died||22 July 2002 70) (aged|
|Buried||24 July 2002|
|Spouse(s)||Isabel Zorraquín y de Corral |
(m. 1964; div. 1974)
Isabel Sartorius y Zorraquín
Cecilia Sartorius y Zorraquín
Luis José Sartorius y Zorraquín, 5th Marquess of Mariño
María Teresa Sartorius y de Liechtenstein
|Father||Carlos Sartorius y Díaz de Mendoza|
|Mother||María de Lourdes Cabeza de Vaca y Carvajal|
He was the second child and son of Carlos Sartorius y Díaz de Mendoza (1898–1966) and his first wife, María de Lourdes Cabeza de Vaca y Carvajal (1903–1940). Through his father he was a great-grandson of Luis José Sartorius, 1st Count de San Luis, who was Prime Minister of Spain from 1853 to 1854, during the reign of Queen Isabella II. By his mother´s family side he was a first cousin of both the Marquess of Portago known as Alfonso de Portago and of the actor and writer Jose Luis de Villallonga y Cabeza de Vaca, 9th Marquess of Castellbell.
After the death of his elder brother, Antonio Sartorius y Cabeza de Vaca, 3rd Marquess of Mariño, on 24 December 1976, he succeeded as the 4th Marquess of Mariño.
Sartorius married first Isabel Zorraquín y de Corral (1940–2009) from Argentina on 24 April 1964 at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar, Buenos Aires; they later divorced in 1974. Together they had three children, two daughters and one son:
- Isabel Sartorius y Zorraquín (born in Madrid in 1965); after the divorce of her parents, when her mother remarried in 1978, she went to live with her in Lima, Peru. She later studied in Washington, DC. She had a relationship around 1989 to 1991 with Felipe, Prince of Asturias. Isabel says that the relationship ended because both were very young, and he adds that Queen Sofía was always very supportive. She later had a relationship with Javier de Soto y FitzJames-Stuart, a descendant of James II of England via his son James FitzJames, with whom she had a daughter, Mencía de Soto y Sartorius, who was born on 25 July 1997 at Madrid, Spain. In February 2012 Isabel published her memoirs titled Por ti lo haría mil veces, which translated means For you I would do it a thousand times. In them she refers to her relationship with her mother through the times when her mother was addicted to cocaine.
- Cecilia Sartorius y Zorraquín (born 1967), who married on 30 June 1990 Federico Green from Argentina. They had three children: Marcos Bartolomé, Pablo Federico and Antonia.
- Luis José Sartorius y Zorraquín, 5th Marquess of Mariño (born 1970); became the new marquess upon his father's death in 2002. He has a relationship with Bárbara Pérez Manzarbeitia, and they have one son, Vicente (born 2011), and one daughter, Isabel (born 2012). They married on 22 June 2013.
- María Teresa Sartorius y de Liechtenstein (born November 1992).
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2020)
- Vicente Sartorius, 4th Marquess of Mariño at Olympedia
- Genealogía Familiar
- "Isabel Sartorius". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). Eduardo Sánchez Junco. Archived from the original on 7 December 2020. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- Gallo, Isabel (21 February 2012). "Lo mío con la princesa Letizia también fue un flechazo". El Pais (in Spanish). PRISA. Archived from the original on 7 December 2020. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- Lundy, Darryl. "The Peerage #87278". thepeerage.com. Darryl Lundy. Retrieved 8 December 2020.
- Hemeroteca El País