Washington University Medical Center
The Washington University Medical Center (WUMC), located in St. Louis, Missouri, is a large scale health-care focused commercial development located in St. Louis' Central West End neighborhood. The Washington University Medical Center Redevelopment Corporation focuses on developing public-private partnerships that promote infrastructure and housing development in the WUMC area. As of 2017, the executive director of WUMCRC is Brian Phillips. Although many of the institutions are affiliated with Washington University in St. Louis, most of the institutions of WUMC are independent of the university. Notably, the medical center is anchored by Barnes-Jewish Hospital and also houses the Washington University Medical School
|Type||Non-profit hospital center|
|Campus||Urban; 230 acres|
The Washington University Medical Center was incorporated in 1962. It is located on over 230 acres (93 ha) directly to the east of Forest Park. WUMC serves as the anchor of the Central West End community, a commercial and residential neighborhood with numerous shops, restaurants, and night spots.
WUMC is accessible from the Kingshighway at I-64/US 40 or the Central West End station of the St. Louis Metrolink. Regular transportation is provided by rail and bus between WUMC and the other campuses of Washington University.
The institutions of the Washington University Medical center are frequently ranked among the most prestigious and renowned hospitals in the United States. The major institutions in the Washington University Medical Center include:
- Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Center for Advanced Medicine
- Central Institute for the Deaf
- Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College
- St. Louis Children's Hospital
- St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Washington University School of Medicine
Other institutions located at the campus are:
- Shriners Hospital for Children- St Louis
- "Medical Center Redevelopment Corporation". wumcrc.com. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Staff |Medical Center Redevelopment Corporation". wumcrc.com. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Washington University Medical Center - Washington University Physicians in St. Louis, MO". Wuphysicians.wustl.edu. 2003-03-17. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "The Central West End Association". Thecwe.com. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Best Hospitals 2011-12: the Honor Roll - US News and World Report". Health.usnews.com. 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2011-09-13.