Wikipedia:List of policies
|This page includes a summary of official policies on the English Wikipedia which are set out in detail elsewhere. Policies have wide acceptance among editors and are considered standards that all editors should follow. When editing this page, please ensure that your revision is consistent with the underlying policies. When in doubt, discuss it on the talk page.
Where a discrepancy exists, the policy page itself overrides. Changing this page does not change policy. Likewise, adding a page to this summary does not elevate it to policy status. Policies are promoted through consensus. See Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines for more.
All policies are listed at Category:Wikipedia policies. A list that also includes guidelines is at List of policies and guidelines. For an explanatory supplement of this page, see Wikipedia:Simplified ruleset. This page is broken into the following categories:
- Content, which defines the scope of the encyclopedia and the material that is suitable for it
- Conduct, which describes how editors can successfully collaborate and what behavior is acceptable
- Deletion, which explains the processes by which pages, revisions, and logs may be deleted
- Enforcement, which accounts for various means by which standards may be enforced
- Legal, which includes rules influenced by legal considerations, and remedies for their misuse
- Procedural, which documents various processes by which the English Wikipedia operates