Bill Ashurst (footballer)
William Ashurst (4 May 1894 – 26 January 1947) was an English professional footballer who made 200 appearances in the Football League for Notts County as a right back. He was capped by England at international level and represented the Football League XI. Ashurst also played league football for Lincoln City and West Bromwich Albion.
|Full name||William Ashurst|
|Date of birth||4 May 1894|
|Place of birth||Willington, England|
|Date of death||26 January 1947 52)(aged|
|Place of death||Bulwell, England|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (177 cm)|
|1926–1928||West Bromwich Albion||22||(1)|
|1923||Football League XI||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
This section needs expansion with:
|Lincoln City||1919–20||Second Division||24||0||0||0||24||0|
|Notts County||1922–23||Second Division||41||0||0||0||41||0|
|West Bromwich Albion||1926–27||First Division||22||1||1||0||23||1|
- Joyce, Michael (2012). Football League Players' Records 1888 to 1939 (Third edition, with revisions ed.). Toton, Nottingham: Tony Brown. p. 12. ISBN 9781905891610. OCLC 841581272.
- "William Ashurst". The Lincoln City FC Archive. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "England Players – Bill Ashurst". englandfootballonline. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Albion Till We Die – An Independent West Bromwich Albion Website". www.albiontillwedie.co.uk. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Ashurst Bill Notts County 1925". Vintage Footballers. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Bill Ashurst on Lives of the First World War
- "Notts County FC in the 1920's". Archived from the original on 20 June 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2020.