Yahoo! Movies (formerly Upcoming Movies), provided by the Yahoo! network, is home to a large collection of information on movies, past and new releases, trailers and clips, box office information, and showtimes and movie theater information. Yahoo! Movies also includes red carpet photos, actor galleries, and production stills. Users can read critic's reviews, write and read other user reviews, get personalized movie recommendations, purchase movie tickets online, and create and view other user's lists of their favorite movies.
Type of site
|Launched||May 12, 1998 (as Upcoming Movies)|
Yahoo! Movies devotes special coverage to the Academy Awards with a special Oscars site. The Oscars site includes articles, show coverage, a list of the night's big winners, photos, videos, and polls.
From 2002 to 2007, Yahoo! Movies was the home of Greg's Previews of Upcoming Movies, an enhanced version of Upcomingmovies.com, written by its creator, Greg Dean Schmitz.
Yahoo! Movies also releases special guides, such as the Summer Movie Guide, which contains information on the major releases of the summer with exclusive trailers and clips, photos, box office information, polls, and unique editorial content.
Additionally, Yahoo! Movies teamed up with MTV to host a special site for the MTV Movie Awards, which will feature show information and a section where users can submit original movie shorts parodying last year's movies for the chance to win the new award, Best Movie Spoof.
- May 12, 1998 - Yahoo! announces the launch of Yahoo! Movies.
- May 25, 2005 - Yahoo! Movies releases personalized movie recommendations.
- "Yahoo! Inc. - Company Timeline". Wayback Machine. 2008-07-13. Archived from the original on 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2016-07-19.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Oscars". Yahoo.com. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Smith, Travis F (April 23, 2003). "Upcoming Movies covers first hype". Variety.com. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Greg Dean Schmitz". RottenTomatoes.com. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- "Summer Movie Guide 2013". Yahoo.com. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Brevet, Brad (May 29, 2007). "2007 MTV Movie Awards Spoofs Nominees". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Yahoo! Premieres Yahoo! Movies, PR Newswire, Accessed April 11, 2007.
- Yahoo! Movies Getting Personal, The Hollywood Reporter, Accessed April 11, 2007.